Resetting a smartphone depends totally the choice of the user. Over time, the phone lags performance, it might freeze at times and go unresponsive, By performing a factory reset or a hard reset, all the data from the device will be wiped. However, any data stored in your Google account can be restored back to the device, all the apps and their associated data will be lost. So it is always recommended to backup your smartphone so that the necessary data is always safe.
READ ALSO: How to backup data from Android
Reset to factory settings from the Settings menu in the HTC One M8:
If you wish to perform a reset operation on your device while the device is in its responsive state, you could do a factory reset by going into the Settings Menu of the device. Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Phone.
Hard reset HTC One M8:
At times, the device would not respond to any input you give to it. In that case, external reset or hard reset can be used as an effective solution to bring the phone back to its normal state. Before you start the process make sure the battery of your device is charged at least up to 55%.
To perform a hard reset on HTC One M8,
- Press and hold the Volume Down button and then press and hold the Power button.
- Wait till screen with three Android images appear and then release the buttons.
- Using the Volume Down key to navigate, go to Factory Reset.
- Use the Power button to confirm your selection.
- After the reset is complete, the notification on the bottom left of the screen will show as “Data wipe complete” and on the top, “reboot system now” option will be displayed on the screen. Press Power button to confirm reboot.
Then the phone will reboot and prompt the user to go through the settings.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.