Windows Insiders who opted for the Slow ring in the Windows Insider app can ow check for updates on the Windows Phone to update their device to build 10586.71 of the Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview. This update comes as a cumulative to the main update of build 10586. While the insiders of Fast ring will observe a Fast Configuration update too, nothing of such kind will be seen by the Insiders in the slow Ring, Gabriel Aul of Microsoft says.
The build does not come with any prominent new features and this is as expected because it is already time that they make the final official official release. However, it is evident that they are still working on issues and are trying to give out a final OS which can be as issue-free as possible. The fixes that came with 10586.71 are:
- Windows Update performance and reliability improvements
- Improvements in migration of data profiles and messaging settings when upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.
- SensorCore API’s are now upgraded correctly from Windows Phone 8.1; allowing applications, including many fitness applications, to correctly access movement data.
- SD card detection has been improved on boot and after insertion; File Explorer now handles the removal of an SD card when the default for apps or photos are set to SD.
- Improvements in the Edge browser, including PDF rendering.
- Bluetooth improvements when re-connecting to already paired devices and cars; turn by turn directions, and when using Cortana with the Microsoft Band.
- Improvements in Settings when downloading Maps or changing Quick Settings.
- Reinstalling Groove Music from the Windows Store no longer causes DRM music playback issues. Groove Music local song collections are now more quickly imported within the application
- Device power improvements after listening to music, after missed phone calls when iris detection is disabled, and when downloading updates.
- In app purchases now work correctly when cellular data is disabled.
- Improvements to the reliability of Kids Corner.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.