As promised, Microsoft has expanded its digital assistant software Cortana to Android and iOS devices. Even though these smartphone OSes have their respective personal digital assistant software (Google Now for Android and Siri for iOS), Microsoft has decided to spread Cortana along with improving its features constantly in the Windows ecosystem. After beta testing Cortana on Android and iOS, today Microsoft has officially launched it for these device users.
Here are the list of features one can expect from Cortana on Android/iOS:
- Set and get location and time reminders across your PC and phone.
- Get notified and send a quick text reply from your PC if you miss a call on your phone*.
- Track packages, flights, scores, stocks, and other important info across your PC and phone.
- Use Cortana’s Notebook to view, edit and manage your interests.
- Get information and answers to all kinds of questions. If you’re looking for it, Cortana can help find it.
- Have a little fun in your down time — ask anything, get jokes, and much more.
*To use this feature your PC needs to be opted in to Cortana, and running Windows 10 version 1511 or above.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.
Read more of: Smartphones