WhatsApp for Windows Phone has been updated, bringing its version number to 22.214.171.124. and this update brings a whole lot of features that WhatsApp beta has been getting over the past few of its own updates.
As the change log mentions, now you have the feature of selecting multiple messages at once for copying/forwarding/deleting them through the help of check boxes. This has been a feature that WhatsApp users have been eagerly waiting for. Next comes the addition of a whole new set of emoji that for a few emoji, when you tap on them you can see the range of color options that it gives you to choose from.
Individual chats have also gained mute option and custom notification settings with this update. For WhatsApp calls, you could set a desired ringtone for a particular person in WhatsApp. Speaking of WhatsApp calls, there is now an option to optimize the data usage for the calls you take or make through WhatsApp. The new features are as shown in the slideshow above.
The complete change log is as below:
- Per chat custom notification settings and mute
- Mark chats as unread or read
- Added several new emoji. You can also tap and hold on some emoji to choose a different color.
- You can select multiple messages in a chat and forward or delete them (Windows Phone 8+).
- When you receive a contact card, you can now quickly message or save the contact if they are on WhatsApp.
- Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls (Windows Phone 8+).
- You can now enable or disable sound and vibrate for in-app notifications.
- Choose a ringtone for WhatsApp calls (Windows Phone 8+).
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.