VLC player for Windows Phone has gained an update today. The update changes the version of the app to 1.3 and brings in a lot of fixes and a totally revamped user interface.
The full change log of the update v1.3 of VLC for Windows Phone is as follows :
– Updated User Interface
– Optimisations of XAML code, which is between 50% and 130% faster (parsing and layout rendering).
– LastFM scrobbling working on Windows
– Browse music and videos from folders. For example if your songs are not correctly tagged, you can browse in VLC and « play a folder » just like you would play an album.
– XAML Responsive Design enhancements : we’re trying to use your screen as best as possible. On tiny screens we removed the « now playing » title which is useless, and on a big screen we give more options with extra buttons, etc.
– Use of Windows 10 APIs via Reflection for setting a custom, orange window background color.
– New icons, margins and alignments are more polished (even if it’s still work in progress)
– Refresh button in the Video Library, just like the Music library
– Search videos or albums easily.
– Updated design for Video Player (still very work in progress though)
– Adding Semantic Zoom in the Albums view, with custom selection of ordering (by artist, by date, by album).
– We added a back button so devices like Lumia 730 or future tiny tablets will be able to go back easily.
– Using the same colors as VLC for Android/iOS.
Along with lots of bug fixes, etc.
That is a pretty big changelog and that should earn more of the user response this time. Go download the VLC for Windows Phone app for free. Try the latest version and let us know what you think of it.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.