If you are the one among many people who have enthusiastically downloaded the Technical Preview program of Windows 10 mobile on your supported Lumia device, then you might also want to know what are the issues that this new build 10051 brings to you. Along with bringing some cool new features to this build, Microsoft has mentioned about fixing some existing issues that were presented by the previous build 9941. Read on to know the known issues of build 10051 and the solved issues from build 9941..
– There might be situations in which auto-upload of your Camera Roll to OneDrive may not be working. Please be sure to back up your photos especially if you need to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1.
– The Office Hub has been removed from this build. You won’t be able to open Word, Excel, PowerPoint or OneNote files in this build. Preview versions of the universal Office apps will be available in the coming weeks.
– All Bluetooth-based interactions with Cortana are not working in this build because we’re reworking how Cortana interacts with Bluetooth. This includes dictating and reading text messages, initiating searches and chit-chat, and all system-level control (such as playing music, launching applications, or navigating settings.
– After upgrade, some apps that have been installed onto a SD memory card will fail to launch. To fix this, uninstall and reinstall the apps.
– About 1% of the time, incoming phone calls may not play a ringing sound.
– Call + SMS filtering will not work after upgrade.
– For people upgrading their phone from Build 9941, there is a bug in which your phone’s MMS settings will be lost after upgrade. The new Messaging app doesn’t yet have the ability to re-enter these settings. You will need to use the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 and then upgrade to this build to get MMS working again.
– Also for people upgrading their phone from Build 9941, the tiles on your Start screen for the Camera and Photos apps may be missing or corrupt. You will have to unpin any corrupt tiles and re-pin the apps to your Start screen.
– On some phones, due to a scaling bug the dismiss button won’t be visible when an alarm is triggered. To stop your phone from “alarming “just touch the arrow and swipe up on the notification and off the screen to end the alarm.
– On phones with 512MB of memory, apps can randomly crash due to an issue with memory management.
– Flight mode cannot be enabled.
– Data connections can’t be disabled.
– You may need to re-pin the Phone app after upgrade.
– The Insider Hub is now included on Phone but may fail to launch on some phones.
Well, there are some pretty lot of issues, but remember that Microsoft has provided us with a wonderful option to roll back to Windows Phone 8.1 of we are facing any serious issue with the Windows 10 Technical Preview.
Having known the possible issues, letus look at what Microsoft has fixed from the build 9941 :
– We’ve updated the keyboard layout based on your feedback. The keyboard layout now has period, comma and emoji keys on first page of keyboard. Language switching is enabled by press-and-hold on the &123 key. There is also an option to replace the emoji key with the language switching key.
– We’ve fixed the Cortana icon resolution so it now scales with tile size.
– We’ve fixed the issue where the Photos app would fail to launch periodically when attempting to add a photo attachment to an email, OneNote or Facebook item.
– We’ve fixed the issue where the Microsoft Band wouldn’t sync with your phone after upgrading to Windows 10.
– The Photos app’s tile will now pick up the phone’s theme color before it’s launched and then start showing pictures from your collection including OneDrive in the Live tile.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.
Read more of: Smartphones