Micromax has announced that it has started rolling out the latest Android OS version to its Android One handset, the Micromax Canvas A1, today.
Android Lollipop 5.1 is the latest available version of Android and is the successor of the Lollipop 5.0 OS, which is the best Android OS Google has to offer yet. The update weighs 409.8 MB and the user would get to see 5.1 under Android version and LMY470 under build number after successfully updating.
If you own a Micromax Canvas A1 handset and are eagerly waiting to update it to Lollipop, follow the steps below:
– Make sure you have your device’s battery charged at least to 30%
– Connect your Canvas A1 to Wi-Fi and head over to the device Settings menu -> About Phone -> System update.
– Manually check for updates and you should be receiving a notification about the system update to Android 5.1
– Tap on the download button and let the update package download itself on your device successfully.
– After the update is downloaded successfully onto your Canvas A1, a notification appears which informs that the update is ready to get installed.
– Tap on the notification and the next screen will ask you for your confirmation to install the update.
– Tap on the Restart & install button and doing so will reboot your phone and the installation process will start
– After successful installation, you phone restarts itself and it would welcome you with the latest Android OS.
You could head over to the Settings menu -> About Phone and confirm the version and build number of your device is updated.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.