As an Android user, you might be contended with the stock gallery app on your device. But you might as well want to consider some of the apps in the Play Store waiting for you to notice them as they have far more better features than the stock Gallery app that came with your device. Here in this post, you will come to know about one of the top gallery replacement apps, QuickPic, for Android devices.
One of the major differences that QuickPic offers from the native Gallery app is that, it segregates your photos by time and location through a feature called “moments”. It comes with an internal picture editor that allows you to rotate, shrink and crop pictures. The latest update of QuickPic also attained the material design features! What’s more? Well, unlike the native gallery app, QuickPic allows you to protect selected/all pictures with a password which implies, built-in gallery lock!
Following is the full list of features that QuickPic users avail :
– Free & clean. We won’t ask for unnecessary permissions
– Support online album services (Picasa, Google Drive, Dropbox, Flickr, OneDrive, Box, Yandex, 500px, etc.)
– List thousands of pictures in a flash, find new pictures instantly
– Moments: Group photos by time and location
– View and slide show your Photos with the best quality, clearer than other apps
– Include or exclude specified folders for more efficient scanning
– Easily hide your privacy photos and videos from all gallery apps, protect them with a password.
– Play GIFs and videos
– Smooth experience: sliding shift or switch, pinch, double tap (and drag) to zoom, 2 finders rotate
– Internal picture editor which allows you to rotate, shrink, crop pictures, set wallpaper with best quality freely
– Powerful file management features, including sort, rename, create new folders, moving and copying pictures
– Transfer files between multiple devices via WiFi without mobile data
– Optimized for large screens, such as tablets
– Material design! (Immersive mode, translucent bars)
You could download the latest version 3.9.2 of QuickPic from the Play Store or you could try out the latest QuickPic 4.0 beta.
In the new v4.0 beta, developers behind QuickPic brought in new and colorful theme, auto backup to cloud, sorting files by folder size and more.
Either of the above requires Android 2.0 or up.
Give the app a spin and let us know how you like it!
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.