By performing a factory reset or a hard reset, all the data from the device will be wiped. However, any data stored in your Google account can be restored back to the device, all the apps and their associated data will be lost. So it is always recommended to backup your smartphone so that the necessary data is always safe.
READ ALSO: How to backup data from Android smartphone
This post will show how to hard reset Google LG Nexus 5 Android smartphone. Google Nexus 5 can be reset to factory settings using the Settings menu in the phone.
Reset to factory settings from the Settings menu in the Google Nexus 5:
1. Go to Settings -> Backup & Reset
2. Tap on Factory Data reset
3. Tap on Reset Phone
4. If the smartphone is password protected, the user will be prompted to enter the password, pattern or PIN. Enter the required password.
5. Tap on Erase everything.
But if the phone freezes and does not respond or in the case of too many unsuccessful unlock attempts, the above method will not come to use. In that case, hard reset of the phone using key combination will help.
READ ALSO: How to backup contacts from Android
Hard reset Google Nexus 5:
1. If the phone is ON, turn it OFF.
2. First press and hold the Volume down as well as the Volume up buttons. Then, without releasing them, press and hold the Power button. Release the keys as soon as the word “Start” appears on the screen.
3. Now press the Volume Down button twice and then “Recovery Mode” will appear on the Screen.
4. Press the Power button once to enter into Recovery Mode. “Google” appears on the screen followed by an Android robot with a red alert mark and the words “No command“.
5. Now press and hold Power button and Volume Up button. A menu will appear on the screen, then release the buttons.
6. Using Volume Down button, go to “wipe data/factory reset” option. Press Power button to confirm.
7. Go to “Yes — erase all user data” using Volume Down button. Press Power button to confirm.
8. The reset process will start and the status of the reset will be displayed on the bottom left of the screen. Wait patiently as it may consume time to complete the process of reset.
9. After the reset is complete, the notification on the bottom left of the screen will show as “Data wipe complete” and on the top, “reboot system now” option will be displayed on the screen. Press Power button to confirm reboot.
Then the phone will reboot and prompt the user to go through the settings.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.