At times when the phone becomes unresponsive or if unlocking the phone fails, hard reset method can be applied. But doing so will result in data loss. Since Windows Phones have built in backup option to OneDrive, it is advised that the user should backup his Windows phone from time to time. This post will show how to perform hard reset of Nokia Lumia 625 using key combination.
READ ALSO: How to backup Windows Phone to OneDrive
How to hard reset Nokia Lumia 625:
1. Power off the phone
2. After the phone is completely turned off, press and hold the power button. The phone vibrates.
3. Immediately leave the power button. Then press and hold the Volume down button. An exclamation mark will be seen on the screen.
4. Then press the keys in the following order one after the other:
– Press Volume up
– Press Volume Down
– Press Power
– Press Volume down
5. NOKIA logo will appear and two gear icons will be displayed. This indicates that the phone is undergoing reset process. Wait patiently until the format completes.
6. After the format is complete, NOKIA will appear on the screen and the phone will prompt the user to select language. Select required language and tap on OK.
7. The phone reboots again and the user will be led to “SET UP YOUR PHONE” process.
8. Follow the instructions given by the phone and setup the Lumia 625 Windows Phone.
That’s it. This is the method to perform hard reset on Nokia Lumia 625 smartphone.
READ ALSO: How to hard reset Nokia Lumia 520
Some users who performed this hard reset procedure said that their phones were getting stuck in between. If such is the case, for Windows Phone 8 and above, Nokia Software Reset tool can be used to bring the phone back to normal.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.