BlackBerry World has a third party reader app that allows you to view PDF, DjVu, TXT and TIFF files on your BlackBerry 10 device. Unlike the native adobe reader on the BlackBerry 10, this reader allows you to rotate files making it easier to read in whichever way you like.
You can zoom in and zoom out at any point of the page in a file for a seamless reading and not only that, you can select specific text, copy and paste it in some other applications, thus making it easy to share. For a convenient reading at night, dark mode option can be selected which inverts the colors and saves power alongside.
There are also other options like full scree mode, cropping blank edges, turning screen locking on or off etc. The following are the features of the NSR reader:
- High quality PDF and DjVu rendering
- Multi page TIFF files support
- Opens plain text files with encoding selection option and breaks them into pages
- Automatically detects and crops blank edges
- Supports password protected PDFs (except latest Adobe Reader X encryption)
- Saves last reading position
- Bookmarks support
- Inverted colors mode helps save power and read in dark
- Text reflow mode makes reading huge text PDFs and DjVu files easy
- nice preview of recently opened files
- active frame support
- Share your files through BBm, Bluetooth, NFC and other apps
- Fast and responsive User Interface
This NSR reader app is compatible with all BlackBerry 10 devices and comes for a price of Rs.100 ($1.99). Users can avail a free trial of the app but this limits them to read only up to first 30 pages of a file.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.