Hard resetting a phone is generally done by typing a certain code or pressing a specific combination of keys on the phone. Knowing how to perform hard rest of a phone comes handy when the phone suffers a virus attack or if the device freezes and becomes unresponsive. Hard reset can also be done if user wants to sell the phone and he needs to erase all the personal data. But before performing a hard reset on any phone, ensure the following:
- See that the battery of the phone is at least 70% charged.
- Backup all necessary data if possible from the phone because hard reset wipes away all the data from the phone.
For any phone, backup should be done on an external storage device like a hard disk.
How to hard reset Samsung Galaxy Star S5282:
1. Power off your phone.
2. Press and hold Volume Up + Power Key + Home key combination to perform hard reset.Wait until Samsung logo appears.
3. Now release the keys and using the Volume Up/Down button for navigation, go to Wipe data/Factory Reset option and press power key to select it.
4. Go to Yes — Delete all user data with the help of Volume Down key. Then press the power button to confirm.
5. It takes some time for the pone to reset. So patiently wait until the process is complete.Then select Reboot System with Power key.
6. Wait until the phone restarts and go through the setup options to set up your phone!
That’s it!. Now hard reset for your Samsung Galaxy Star s5282 is complete!
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information. So share it.
Read more of: How-To