Taking back up of a mobile phone is advantageous any time. The data in an iOS device like the iPhone or the iPad or the iPod touch can backup into iCloud or iTunes. By doing so, the back up information can be again transferred into the a new iOS device or into the same device.
How to backup data in iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iCloud:
iCloud Backup is an easy and reliable way of taking backup of the data from iOS device for the users who want to back up their data wirelessly and automatically.
iCloud can backup the following data from an iOS device:
- Purchase history for music, movies, TV shows, apps and books.
This only stores the information of what you have bought but not totally the item itself.
- Photos and videos from Camera roll
- App data
- Device Settings
- Home Screen and app organization
- iMessages, SMS and MMS
- Ringtones and
- Visual Voicemail
Data already stored in the iCloud like the contacts, calenders, mails, bookmarks, shared photo streams and documents saved in iCloud does not include in this backup.
To restore data from the iOS data to iCloud, you need to choose this option of automatic backup in the iOS device to backup data automatically to the iCloud of your apple account.
To turn on automatic backup to iCloud is on in your iOS device:
1. From the Home screen, go to Settings.
2. Tap on iCloud
3. Then tap on Storage & Backup.
4. Turn on the iCloud backup option. If it is iOS 7 swipe the iCloud backup bar to the right to turn it On
5. Tap on Backup now.
How to restore data into iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iCloud:
If you have to restore the backup data into a new iOS device,
1. Start the setup of iPhone by following the instructions of the iOS setup Assistant. You need to select language, region and so on.
2. Now, when Set up your iPhone (or iPad or iPod) is displayed, choose Restore from iCloud Backup among the options.
3. then the iOS Setup assistant will ask you to choose the Backup to be restored. Select your Backup file.
Backup from iCloud can only be restored through iOS Setup Assistant. So if your iOS device is already setup, erase all the current content to got to iOS Setup Assistant.
Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase all contents and settings.
Remember that doing so will erase all the data from the iOS device. So make sure you have a backup of the necessary data.
So try it for your iOS device and let us know how well it worked for you in the comments.
How to backup data from iOS device using iTunes will be given in the next post.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of informatiom. So share it.