The Over-The -Air (OTA) updates for the Nexus devices are being given out, starting today.First to receive the OTA update is the the 2013 Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi only model) to Android Kitkat 4.4.3 (build number KTU84L).
Next Nexus that recieved the OTA update was the Nexus 5 to upgrade from build number KOT49H to KTU84M. The OTA update file for the devices are of the size below 100 MB. New features of this update are not yet available but the improvements by this update could be security enhancements and various bug fixes.
Until now, the Nexus devices receiving the OTA updates to Android 4.4.3 Kitkat are the NExus 7 and Nexus 5. More Nexus devices will be getting the OTA to Android 4.4.3 update very soon.
To get the OTA Android 4.4.3 updte for Nexus devices:
The device will notify if it receives any OTA update message when it is ready to update.
Requirements before starting the update:
- Make sure the battery of the device is at least 60%.
- There should be a data connection to the device via Wi-Fi or a mobile data plan.
- 100 MB of free memory in the device is required.
If the device has not received an OTA message, then do the following:
- Go to the Home screen and tap “All Apps”
- Tap on “Settings”
- Tap on “About device”
- Tap on “Software update”
- If the device is not connected to the internet, then it may prompt the user to connect it then.
- Connect the device to the internet using Wi-Fi or the mobile data plan.
- Now check for update once again.
- If the update is not available, the a message “Your device is up to date” will be displayed.
- If such is the case, wait until an OTA update is received.
When the OTA update message is received on the Nexus device,
- Follow the steps given on the screen
- The device restarts itself to update its software and when everything is done, the build number of the phone’s firmware will be KTU84L.
If any Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi only) or Nexus 5 user has not received any OTA update so far, remember that it may take time to be available in all locations and on all carriers.
Android 4.4.3 update to other Nexus devices is anticipated starting from today. We will keep updating. So stay tuned to our blog by subscribing to it. ‘Subscribe’ can be found a little below the top right corner of this window.
Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information.So share it.