Apart from the choices of ringtones Windows phone offers, one can always add a customized ringtone to the ringtones folder of the phone. To add a ringtone to the Windows phone, a file needs to be moved from the computer to the phone. It implies that a ringtone can’t be added by moving a file from a folder that’s already existing on the Windows phone.
To add a ringtone to Windows phone using a computer that runs on Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:
- First, connect the Windows phone to computer.
- If the computer runs on Windows 7 or Windows vista, click Start and then click computer.
- If the computer runs on Windows 8, first click Desktop, click File explorer, and then click Computer.
- Find portable devices and under that, double click on the phone name.
- Then double-click the Phone folder and then double click on the Ringtones folder.
- search for the music file that is to be added as ringtone and then “drag and drop” it into the Ringtones folder.
- Now, to check if the selected file has been added to ringtones, go to
Settings –> Ringtones + sounds –> Ringtone.
- The new ringtone will be seen under Custom in the list of ringtones available.
Note: If any sound file is compatible to play on the Windows phone and if it is less than 30 MB, then it can be used as a ringtone in the Windows phone.
“Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of information.” So share it.