“If you haven’t read our previous article about System Restore in Windows and how to perform System Restore in Windows XP, click here: Windows System Restore.”
In this post, performing System Restore in windows 7 is explained:
Before you start system restore , save any unsaved files and close all the running programs on your computer.
- Click the Start button ->Type “System Restore” in the search box.
- In the results list, choose System Restore and click on it. It may ask you for an administrator password.type the password and provide confirmation.
- The System restore Wizard window opens and it guides you through selecting restore point, confirmation of restoration point and then restoring the system.
f you are not satisfied with the point of restoration your computer has restored to, you can always undo your restoration. for undoing the system restore in windows 7:
- Open System Restore in the same way as explained above using the Start button .
- In that, select/click on Undo System restore and then click on “Next”.
- Revise your choices that are to be applied to your computer and then click on “Finish”.
For the frequently asked questions about system restore in Windows 7, click here
Note: System Restore for Windows 8 Operating System would be discussed in the coming posts.
” Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of useful information.” So, share it.