As the support for Windows XP is coming to an end on April 8th,2014, to help customers on Windows XP prepare to move to a new PC, Microsoft is announcing a free data transfer tool called PCmover Express for Windows XP.
If you haven’t read about the end of support for Windows XP before, click here to know.
Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to provide this data transfer tool which helps users migrate their data from their Windows XP PC to a new PC that runs on Windows 7, Windows 8, or windows 8.1. This tool helps users in copying files, music, videos, email and user profiles and settings from your old PC to your new device and even enables a customize option to select what exactly they want in their new device.
- To be able to use this Laplink tool, you need your old PC with Windows XP and your new PC that runs on Windows 7 or later versions of Windows. These both PCs should be connected to the Internet.
- Download the software into both your old Windows XP PC as well as your new PC to transfer your data and files.This is a easy to use software and will guide you through out with a step-by-step procedure.
- It is not required that you transfer all the data from your old PC. PCmover Express for Windows XP allows you to select what you need to transfer to your new device.
- If you’ve already customized settings on your new device, those won’t be affected when you transfer your data using this tool.
- This free data transfer will not migrate the apps from your old PC to your new device.
Note: The PCmover Express for Windows XP will run only if the source PC operates on Windows XP and the destination PC operates on windows 7 or the later versions.
Download the free version of PCmover Express here: Download
If you are not sure of the version of the Windows OS you are using, you can try amirunningxp.com which is a website designed by Microsoft to tell if a PC is running on XP or higher versions of Windows like 7, 8 or 8.1
Know more about Laplink here
” Knowledge improves by mutual sharing of useful information.”So share it.